Are single beds for adults?
Single beds can be used by adults however they are mainly used by children, teenagers and single adults. They are usually used by children as it is the perfect size for them, children tend to grow out of their childhood beds so a single bed is perfect for when they start to get older and transition into their teenage years. Single beds are commonly found in student accommodations, this is because some rooms can be very tiny and only a single bed can fit, so in this case, many teenagers use single beds as it is convenient and they feel comfortable in a single bed.
How long do single beds last?
A single bed frame can last years based on the material for example if the bed frame is made out of wood it will tend to last longer than a metal frame. A single mattress tends to last about the same time as every other mattress, and if kept in good condition it will only need to be replaced once every 10-15 years.
Why are single beds better than a king size bed?
Single beds can be better than king size beds as they can fit in almost every room whereas a king size can be too big for certain rooms, making it limited, it also tends to take up a lot of space, leaving no area to spread out and walk around.
Although single beds are small, they are great to have when guests come over, they are also helpful in packing away, a king size bed can be difficult to get out every time you have a guest staying over. King beds are heavier than single beds making it difficult to move around.
Benefits of a single bed:
- Doesn’t take up much space, easy to move
- No assistance needed when rearranging bed
- Great quality, comes in many different materials for example spring, memory foam and gel
- Easy to find and purchase
- Fits in almost every room, no matter the size
What are some of the disadvantages:
- May be too small
- May need replacing often as children grow fast
- May not be aesthetically pleasing
- May not be able to fit guest
- May not have room under the bed for storage