The causes of bed bugs
A bed bug is a small insect that feeds on blood which typically happens during the night. Although, bed bug bites are not serious they can cause some minor health issues such as skin rashes, psychological effects, and allergies. The bed bug bites can also cause changes to the skin going from small areas of redness to severe blisters.
What causes bed bugs?
The main cause of bed bug infestations is travel, this is because bed bugs will generally get a ride on peoples, clothing, luggage, or any other personal belongings and will be unintentionally taken to other properties as the person carrying the bed bugs is usually unaware.
Another popular cause of bed bug’s is the fame of second-hand furniture. Bed bugs can be brought in to a property by an infested piece of furniture. Similarly, rented furniture can also be the cause of bed bugs entering the property this is because the piece of furniture has come a property where bed bugs have already been present. Bed bugs can stay alive for months without feeding on blood, so if you try to separate a piece of furniture from everything else to get rid of the beg bugs it won’t work.
How to get rid of bed bugs?
- You should clean bedding, linens, curtains, and clothing in very hot water and then dry them on the highest hottest setting on the dryer. The stuff that cannot be washed such as stuffed animal, shoes etc, you can put them in the dryer on the highest setting for around 30 minutes.
- You can also use a stiff brush to clean the mattress seams to get rid of the bed bugs and their eggs before vacuuming.
- You should regularly vacuum you bed and the area around it. After you have vacuumed, put the vacuum cleaner bag in a plastic bag and then throw it away.
- You can wrap the mattress and the box springs with a tightly constructed, zippered cover to prevent the beg bugs from entering or escaping.
- Repairing cracks in the plaster and then stick down any peeling wallpaper to eliminate any places where bed bugs could hide.
- You should also get rid of clutter that encircles the bed.
However, if your mattress is infested, you will need to purchase a new one. It is extremely important to make sure you get rid of the rest of the bed bugs that may still be present in your room as they make infest your new mattress too.