What is a bed in a box?
A mattress in a box is strictly what it sounds like! It’s a mattress, usually manufactured from a mixture of high-quality memory foam and springs, that has been condensed to suit neatly into a box flawlessly sized for home delivery.
The concept of a bed in an exceeding box was made possible by new packaging techniques and advancements in mattress materials that allowed the once-bulky mattresses of history to be vacuum-packed neatly into a touch, easy-to-manage box. Once the concept was proven successful, it didn’t take long for it to catch on.
Pros and cons of buying a bed in a box
- Buy from the comfort of your home with some simple clicks. No trip into town required
- 100-night free trial offered by most brands
- Free delivery offered by most brands
- Direct-to-consumer sale cuts out the middleman and reduces the worth
- The compressed size makes moving the mattress around (for example, upstairs) much easier
- You can’t try the mattress before you get it (although you'll usually get a free trial period)
- Without the advice of a mattress salesperson, it should be harder to buy the right mattress for you
- The mattresses cannot be re-boxed then, once opened, are as hard to manoeuvre as traditional mattresses
- You may be wondering what brands sell beds during a box, well we’re here to inform you. Eve, Wayfair, Casper and Simba went further than other brands.
Should you buy a bed in a box?
One thing to recollect is that not all companies deliver mattresses in an actual box. Some will roll up a mattress and canopy it in super-tough, reinforced plastic. Other brands, like Saatva, will deliver without the utilisation of a box entirely, but typically this can cost you more thanks to the more personal nature of the delivery service.
That said, if you would like an inexpensive mattress, a bed in a very box is the obvious choice. These mattresses might not be available for you to undertake before you purchase, but our guide to the simplest mattress.
We will facilitate you making the proper choice, and there are countless options to decide on once you compare them to those found in a standard bed store. better of all, you don’t even have to leave home to travel shopping.