How long does a hybrid mattress last?
Hybrid mattresses are a great mattress, being composed of foam and coil to create a luxurious and supportive sleep for a variety of sleeping positions, body types, for couples or single sleepers and can be very durable. Hybrid mattress usually last 7-10 years, however there are many factors that influence the longevity of a mattress…
Factors that affect the longevity of a hybrid mattress
How long a hybrid mattress can last, depends on a variety of factors. When buying a mattress, some brands can claim that their hybrid mattresses can last up to 10 years. But be aware of a few factors that can influence this timespan.
- The quality: a high-quality mattress will last longer, less prone to sag and loose coil tension
- Your sleeping preference or style
- Body Weight
- Whether you sleep alone or coupled.
Hybrid Mattress Longevity
Hybrid mattresses can last up to 7-10 years, as long as you take care of it, it’s a good quality mattress, and that you have bought the correct hybrid for you as a sleeper.
Hybrid mattresses are durable – more so than innerspring. However, not as much as memory foam or latex. This is because, hybrid mattress are more likely to sag or dip because they consist of more layers, materials and parts then memory foam or latex.
- Hybrid: 7-10 years
- Innerspring: 5- 7 years
- Memory foam: 8-10 years
- Latex: 15 – 25 years
How to increase how long a hybrid mattress can last
There are a few things that you can do to help increase the life of your mattress, not just for hybrids.
- Rotate the mattress: This increases lifespan as it helps the fillings evenly distribute, lessen wear and tear and improve your sleep too. However, do not flip hybrid mattress unless the instructions or manufacturer states it is okay to do so.
- Use the correct foundation: This is in particular for hybrids, latex and memory foam, its important that you use the correct bed frame so the mattress can rest on top of a good quality, and supportive bed frame foundation. A poor one can deteriorate the lifespan of the mattress!
- Weight pressure: The amount of weight that compresses the mattress, will affect the lifespan of course. Your mattress should be customed to support your body type, otherwise if not, it is prone to sag, wear out, reduce the support it has to offer and in general need replacing quicker.
- Mattress protector: Ensure your mattress is protected using a mattress protector, mattress pad, encasement so that your mattress will not get ruined by allergens, dust mites, stains, spills, mould and mildew as all these things can reach and destroy your mattress!
- Take care of the mattress: Treat your mattress well! This not only means it will last longer, but your sleep will be healthier. Taking care can mean that you clean the mattress, clean the sheets, cover and bedding. It could also mean that you don’t use the bed to jump on it, or to hold heavy objects etc.