Skip to content
Mattress to buy
Which is the best mattress type to buy?
Advantages of a spring mattress:
- The mattress is very bouncy.
- Good back support for heavier people that may cause another mattress to sink in more.
- A spring mattress is very affordable since it uses cheaper materials than the average mattress would have used.
Disadvantages of a spring mattress:
- If you have a partner or someone else on the mattress while you sleep, you can feel the movement from them on the mattress affecting your sleep quality.
- The lifespan of a spring mattress is not that long when compared to a normal mattress. This issue comes back to the materials used mainly the springs since they move a lot, they are most likely going break sooner rather than later. The springs also must take the pressure of a person’s body weight as well.
- If you do not want to feel the movement of the person next to you will have to buy a mattress topper to help with that, an extra expense for a spring mattress.
- Sometime the spring can rip through and hurt the person on top.
Advantages of a foam mattress:
- Ideal for people with back and neck pain due to all the support and comfort that a foam mattress gives to person while they sleep or lay on a mattress.
- There is no motion on a foam mattress.
- A foam mattress has a long-life span.
- When compared to a coir mattress a foam mattress is a lot cheaper in comparison.
Disadvantages of a foam mattress:
- Retains a lot of heat so not ideal for when it is hot at night.
- A foam mattress can sag very early on in its lifecycle.
- If the user sinks to much into a foam mattress it may prevent them from turning when they sleep.
Advantages of a latex mattress:
- A latex mattress is eco-friendly because of the material and does have any harmful chemical so it will not cause a rash for people with sensitive skin.
- Latex mattresses last longer than the average mattress.
Disadvantages of a latex mattress:
- Latex mattresses are very expensive to buy.
- There is a lot of movement on the mattress when compared to other mattress like spring mattresses and foam mattresses.